10.22.2014

Angel Tree Season!

Well, hello!

Long time no blog, right? I was a really active and consistent blogger in 2011, but since then I've slowly gone down hill. This is the first blog post I've written in a year! Yikes! But...I'm going to try to get back into it because it's really a great way to share information and advocate. 

First things first: exciting news! My Angel Tree baby from last year, sweet Hale, has FOUND A FAMILY!! I am seriously over the moon about this, and not just for the obvious reasons, but there's extra excitement because this is a first for me. I've been involved with Reece's Rainbow since the very beginning of 2011, so just about 4 years, and this is the first of any of the children I've advocated for to find a family. Isn't that crazy? And sad. A lot of this is because in my first 2 years, all of "my" babies were in R (it just happened that way!) and then the ban was instituted. Which is, of course, devastating, especially for Suzanne, because I talked to more than one family with interest in her over the years and I think she would've found her family very soon. The same for my boys, Dmitri & Niles. Anyway, last Angel Tree, I was a warrior for both Hale and Jasper. So, it's super exciting to see a boy a love and have advocated for find a family. I can't wait to figure out who they are and see Hale thriving at home next year! 

This year, I was really torn about which child to warrior for. I decided to wait a bit to choose because I'd really be happy to advocate for any of them. Hale found a warrior right away (yay!) and then I chose between Jasper and Artemur. Artemur had been one of my top choices last year, and he's also an older child, so I ultimately went with him! Oh, how I love this boy. How cute is he? It's so hard to believe he's 12 years old (13 in January)! These kids age out at 16, so that also means he has 3 years to find a family. Let's make it happen!
If you haven't signed up to be a warrior yet, PLEASE DO! Time is running out, as AT begins on November 1. There are over 70 kids who still need a warrior, and there is an extra sense of urgency this year because if all of the children don't find a warrior, they won't appear on the Angel Tree. It would be so upsetting to see so many lovely, deserving kids miss out on the biggest fundraising effort of the year because there aren't enough of us to step up! So please, sign up, and share AT with your friends and family! If you're looking for a child to warrior for, I highly recommend Jasper. He is amazing and at a disadvantage because he doesn't have a photo listing. However, his ornaments do have his photo on them, and he's absolutely adorable! It's definitely worth it to purchase one and be one of the few advocates who knows what he looks like (hint, hint...). Yay for AT season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments make my day! Be blessed!


BLOG DESIGN BY LIGHT.LIVE.DO.