11.10.2011

Changing the World.

"Be the change you wish to see in this world." -Mahatma Ghandi
I have this dream.

I want to be a missionary.

For about a year now, I've been totally amazed and infatuated by mission work. The people. The experiences. The bonds. The love. The joy. The friendships. The prayers. The fact that God works His miracles throughout it all.

you can change the world in big ways, and in small ways. This is my big, God-sized way.

I want to travel to a third world country. I want to see it all in person. I want to see the faces of little kids light up when receiving a notebook and some writing utensils, or a soccer ball, or anything else an American child wouldn't give a second glance.

I want to go on big  journey to see the little things.

I'm blessed. There's no doubt about it. Like I said the other day,  I'm over wallowing in self-pity because I don't have an iPhone. There are bigger, much bigger issues in this world.

My life is not about me. What I do for myself, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. 100 years from now, no one will know {or care} that I bought myself a new laptop or that I own all 7 seasons of Gilmore Girls. That stuff doesn't matter.


"What you do for yourself dies with you. What you do for others and the world, remains, and is immortal" - Albert Pike

I want, need even, to do something outside of myself. To show myself that yes, I was given this wonderful, grace filled life, but no, it's not all for me.

I want to be humbled, and transformed, by the things I would see.

I want to be moved by seeing the amazing way God works in the lives of those so different than me.

As much as mission work is a life-changing and amazing experience, it's also a joy-filled experience.

People are people. Even though we may literally be worlds apart in every sense imaginable, we are one in Him.

God is good.

For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” -Matthew 18:20

My goal, my one huge, life goal, has always been to make a difference. Some how, some way. If I can do that, I've changed the world, even if only one persons world.

I feel called to mission work because I know that I can make a profound difference on the life of a brother or sister in Christ. and that, my friends, is priceless.

Fame is not for me. I never want to be famous. I just want to do "great things with great love" and know that I could bless at least one person through my efforts.

and hopefully, many more.
The Compassion bloggers are in Ecuador right now! And I can't even being to tell you how excited I am for them. God is crazy good. I'm praying that these 5 sweet girls will see so much, that their eyes & hearts will be opened, that they will be blessed & in turn bless, that they will make everlasting friendships, that they will be moved farther from their comfort zone than ever before, that they will be inspired to change, and that they will discover an even deeper passion for God than ever before. Mission trips are an amazing thing.
Praise God, sweet friend.

Blessings!

Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments make my day! Be blessed!


BLOG DESIGN BY LIGHT.LIVE.DO.