1.07.2011

Welcome!

Hi! I’m Sydney. A little bit about me: I’m 18 years old and in my last year of high school--I'll be a Freshman in college in August! I love Jesus, my family, my friends, photography, baking/cooking, designing, and blogging.

So… what is this blog about?

Light. Live. Do. is a blog I’ve been wanting to start for a long time. The purpose can be somewhat explained with 3 Bible verses:

“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.” {Matthew 5:14} 
“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” {John 10:10} 
“But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.” {James 1:22}

James 1 {actually the whole book of James} is one of my very favorite parts of the Bible. Reading it the other day, verses 19-27 really caught my eye.

After reading that, I prayed a few simple words…

“Lord, make me a doer.”

I don’t just want to read about any of this. I want to do it. I want to do the work God is calling me {and all of us!} to do. I want to be a light to the world and the people around me.

In that same passage of the Bible, James 19-27, it also says this: Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. {vs. 27}.

Right there in the verse lies my big mission for this blog.

Orphans.

In the very beginning of last year, God put orphans on my heart. Specifically, the orphans on Reece’s Rainbow.

The orphans on Reece’s Rainbow are special needs orphans. Many have Down Syndrome, others have various special needs. All the orphans on this site are in Eastern Europe. If they don’t get adopted, they have no hope.

I will be writing a lot more about the situation these sweet kids are in and why it’s so important to save them, but for now I’m just going to leave you with the fact that it is my mission to help save them.

This blog is my orphan advocacy blog. In a few days, I’ll introduce some orphans who have been on my heart specifically. I hope to inspire and encourage many people along the way, too. Yes, I’m still technically a teenager. Some might say you can’t do anything important or anything that will impact that world at such a young age. I say check out 1 Timothy 4:12. I can make a difference. I can change the world. And so can you. :)

Blessings!

Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments make my day! Be blessed!


BLOG DESIGN BY LIGHT.LIVE.DO.